West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 September 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 early this morning and to south 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight then becoming northeast 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind veering to southeast 10 to 20 Tuesday afternoon then becoming southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to showers this afternoon and ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 04:00 AM PDT 28 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 September 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over northern
By 7:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PDT 28 September 2020 A Pacific frontal system over North Vancouver Island will move
eastward to lie over the Central Coast in a couple of hours. Ahead of
the front, gale force southeasterly winds are occurring. The winds
will ease this morning as the system weakens and moves inland.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: