West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 June 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots backing to south 15 to 20 early Sunday morning then diminishing to southwest 10 near noon Sunday.
Rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 June 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Washington Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line north-south
over Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight approaching low 1004 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM PDT 23 June 2018 Strong to gale force westerly winds are expected to return to eastern
portions of Juan de Fuca Strait late in the day on Sunday following
the passage of a cold front. These winds will persist through to
Late Monday morning. Winds are also expected to be gusty and shifting
direction on Sunday afternoon in the Southern Strait of Georgia with
the frontal passage. Strong northwesterlies on the mainland side
could briefly exceed 20 knots.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: