West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PST 19 November 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots except southeast 35 to 45 near the headlands overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 November 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
southern BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight intensifying frontal system located on
a line northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday approaching low located south of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:43 PM PST 19 November 2018 A stalled front stretching from Hecate Strait to Southern Explorer
will reintensify tonight. On Tuesday, the front will weaken while
gradually re-orienting its stalled position and lie from the Central
Coast to Southern Explorer by Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale
Force southeasterlies will be generated along the front.
The stalled low will reintensify tueday night as a low approaches
Vancouver Island from the south.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: