West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 PM PST 13 November 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 near midnight except southeast 45 to 50 near the headlands. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 Thursday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 7:57 PM PST 13 November 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 13 November 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By midnight PST tonight departing ridge located over the Lower
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 13 November 2019 A Pacific front will cross the offshore waters tonight. The system
will then move southward to lie over the Central Coast by Thursday
afternoon and reach Central Vancouver Island by Friday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will continue over most
northern and central waters tonight and Thursday ahead of the front.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
waters Thursday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: