West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 March 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to south 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind southerly 5 to 15 Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers Tuesday morning and afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 March 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located off Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening low located off Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: