West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 08 March 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots except southeast 45 near the headlands. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 near noon then becoming southeast 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind backing to easterly 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Showers ending this evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 04:00 AM PST 08 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 March 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1000 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1003 mb located southwest of Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday building ridge located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PST 8 March 2021 A low west of Explorer this morning will slowly track south today.
The low will lie southwest of Explorer late this afternoon.
This low will bring strong to gale force southeasterly winds west of
Vancouver Island and over Queen Charlotte Sound today and tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: