West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 September 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 early this afternoon and to southeast 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light after midnight except northwest 10 to 15 south of the Brooks Peninsula Thursday evening.
Periods of drizzle this afternoon tonight and Thursday morning. Fog patches dissipating late this morning. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 September 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PDT 30 September 2020 A cold approaching Haida Gwaii this morning will stall and weaken
over Hecate Strait this afternoon. Ahead of the front, southeasterly
gales over northern coastal waters will prevail into this afternoon.
Another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
late Thursday, bringing southeasterly gales to Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: