West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 November 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 early this morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 near noon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this evening then becoming southeast 20 to 30 overnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon except southeast 10 to 20 south of the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Thursday evening.
Showers Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 AM PST 20 November 2019 A cold front well offshore will move across Bowie tonight then
Across the North and Central Coasts on Thursday. Southeast gales will
develop over Bowie this afternoon then over central and northern
waters later tonight. Winds will shift to strong to gale force
westerly in the wake of the front. Southerly gales are forecast to
develop again west of Haida Gwaii in advance of another Pacific front
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: