West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon and to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 35 to 45 after midnight except southeast 50 near the headlands. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 near noon Tuesday except southeast 25 to 35 south of the Brooks Peninsula Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain tonight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 3:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 24 February 2020 The next weather system will approach the offshore waters today and
continue toward Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm force
southeasterly winds will develop over northern waters ahead of this
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: