West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 07 December 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots except southeast 15 to 25 south of the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 late this morning then veering to northerly 10 to 20 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light Sunday afternoon then becoming southeast 15 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 04:00 AM PST 07 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 7 December 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough from low located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 AM PST 7 December 2019 Ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will continue to produce
gale force outflow winds through the north and Central Coast inlets
A frontal system over western Pacific will approach the offshore
waters late Sunday. Gale force southerlies will develop over Bowie
ahead of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: