West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 May 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 this morning then diminishing to light late this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 10 to 20 after midnight and to south 25 to 35 Saturday morning.
Rain changing to chance of showers today. Rain beginning overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 May 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday By 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over southern
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today weakening trough located over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PDT 25 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters is producing near
gale force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait.
The gale force inflow will weaken this morning and redevelop this
evening. The same trend is also expected on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: