West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 January 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this morning and to southeast 40 to 50 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 this evening and to west 15 to 25 overnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 near noon Tuesday then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Rain after midnight and Tuesday morning and afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 21 January 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 January 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 988 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PST 21 January 2019 A deepening area of low pressure will approach Bowie early this
morning and lie to the northwest by Monday afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the majority of coastal waters this
morning and intensify to gale to storm force winds through the day.
Far southern waters will be protected by a ridge of high pressure
But should see an increase in southeasterly winds beginning this
afternoon as the ridge weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: