West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 June 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots backing to southeast 15 to 20 early this morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 near noon. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 Thursday morning.
Showers ending this evening. Rain overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 June 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 5:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over southeastern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 16 June 2021 A frontal system is approaching the offshore waters this morning.
Ahead of the front, marginal gale force southeasterly winds will
develop over Bowie late this morning then ease late this evening as
the frontal system moves over Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: