West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 May 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots backing to northerly 20 to 30 near midnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 early Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 early Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain ending Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 May 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located over northwestern Explorer.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing low located over eastern
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday approaching low located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 24 May 2022 A low pressure system will move through Northern Explorer this
evening and come to rest over Queen Charlotte Sound overnight. The
low will then weaken and move onto the Central Coast on Wednesday
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterly winds are occurring from
West Vancouver Island North up through Queen Charlotte Sound. These
gale force southeasterlies will weaken to strong after midnight as
the low weakens.
The next low that will move through BC waters starts approaching
Southwest Explorer Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: