West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 near noon then becoming light late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon and to southeast 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located over the Lower
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located from the
Central Coast to Explorer.
At 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located from Queen Charlotte
Sound to Explorer.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 22 September 2023 A cold front over Hecate Strait will move eastward and weaken as it
progresses into central waters this afternoon. Strong southerly
Winds ahead of the front will ease to moderate to strong westerlies
As the front dissipate this evening, a trough will form from Central
Coast to Explorer. The trough will continue to develop to a low over
Southeastern Explorer overnight. The low centre is expected to cross
Vancouver Island Saturday near noon. Gale force winds are expected to
develop near the low Saturday morning then becoming strong southerly
wind over the Strait of Georgia as the low crosses the island and
A deep low pressure system is expected to spread gale to storm force
winds across the BC waters Sunday through Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: