West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 October 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 10 to 20 near noon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Scattered showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 October 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Lower Mainland.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 October 2021 A frontal wave over Southern Vancouver Island will continue to give
strong to gale force south to southeast winds near the west entrance
of Juan de Fuca Strait this morning then easing this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southeast winds will also continue over the
Strait of Georgia north of Nanaimo then easing this afternoon.
Another strong frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday evening
bringing southeast gales to the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: