West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to west 20 to 30 Wednesday morning.
Showers changing to rain near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today deepening trough located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located Haida Gwaii.
At 9:00 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 995 mb located west of
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 990 mb located west of Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PDT 17 May 2022 A trough of low pressure to the west of the Bowie region this morning
will move east to lie just west of Haida Gwaii early Wednesday
morning. Southerly gales will develop from Hecate Strait to Northern
Vancouver Island by noon today.
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer near midnight and then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday morning. Unseasonably strong
winds are associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly
winds will develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast
Vancouver Island tonight. Hurricane force southeast winds are
possible near the headlands of Northwest Vancouver Island overnight.
Southeast gales are expected for inner South Coast waters. Winds will
shift to gale to storm force west-northwesterly in the wake of the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: