West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 13 November 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 early Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late Thursday morning.
Rain changing to showers Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By midnight PST tonight departing ridge located over the Lower
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PST 13 November 2019 A Pacific frontal system approaching the offshore waters today will
bring southeast gales to Bowie and Northwest Explorer this morning
and then to the rest of central and northern waters this afternoon.
Winds will reach storm force southeast tonight over northern sections
of the northern waters and near the headlands of the west coast
Vancouver Island. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southerly on
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: