West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 May 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 early this afternoon and to south 10 to 15 early Sunday morning. Wind increasing to south 15 to 25 late Sunday morning and to south 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon. Wind becoming west 25 Sunday evening.
Rain ending Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 May 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday low located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 26 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure lies over Northern Vancouver Island. A
Front is moving through northern waters today. A low pressure centre
will move northeast towards Haida Gwaii by late Sunday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies for central and northern waters
today will veer to strong southwesterlies in the wake of the frontal
system. On Sunday, strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the low
over central and northern waters will veer into strong westerlies
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: