West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 March 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 this morning then backing to northeast 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to north 15 to 25 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 March 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening cold front located west of Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located southwest of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low located west of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching low located south of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 23 March 2019 A cold front currently over the offshore waters will spread strong to
gale force southeasterlies to the western offshore waters tonight.
The marginal gale force winds will diminish slightly Sunday morning
when the cold front exits the region. A low will approach the
offshore waters Sunday afternoon spreading marginal gale force
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: