West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 February 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 this afternoon then diminishing to westerly 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Rain beginning this evening changing to showers overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 February 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PST 20 February 2020 A Pacific front west of Bowie this morning will move across the North
Coast tonight and then across central waters early Friday. Southerly
gales over Bowie will spread to northern waters by this afternoon
then to central waters this evening. Winds will reach storm force
ahead of the front west of Haida Gwaii. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will prevail behind the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: