Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 December 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots veering to southwest 5 to 15 this afternoon then backing to south 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind diminishing to south 5 to 15 late overnight then backing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 near noon Friday.
Scattered showers ending overnight. Periods of rain Friday afternoon and evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low located west of the Alaska
At 10:00 a.m. PST Friday intensifying low 990 mb located west
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 982 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 8 December 2022 A low located over the Gulf of Alaska will approach the Alaskan
Panhandle and maintain gale force westerlies over Bowie today.
On Friday, an intensifying low will move into Southwestern Explorer.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of the southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: