Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 early Saturday morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 PM PDT 29 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build over the offshore waters
tonight and moves into central waters on Saturday. Northwesterly
marginal gales will develop off West Vancouver Island this evening
and persist through Saturday. Northwesterly marginal gales are also
expected through Johnstone Strait Saturday afternoon.
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie Saturday evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over northern
waters late Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: