Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots this evening and to southeast 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain beginning late overnight changing to showers Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 July 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from the Central Coast to
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PDT 16 July 2019 Strong to gale force southerly winds will develop over Hecate Strait,
the Central Coast and eastern sections of Queen Charlotte Sound this
evening ahead of a cold front, winds will then shift to strong to
gale force westerly in the wake of the front and persist through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: