Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 13 November 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this evening and to southeast 25 to 30 early Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to southerly 10 to 20 near noon Wednesday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 13 November 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located over central Vancouver
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday departing trough located from the
Central Coast to the Strait of Georgia.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 13 November 2018 A weakening cold front over Vancouver Island will depart the region
to the east tonight. A trough of low pressure over Explorer late
This afternoon will approach Vancouver Island this evening.
Widespread strong to gale force westerlies will continue over
Many northern and central waters tonight into Wednesday. Over
southern waters, the weakening cold front will generate southeast
gales off Southwest Vancouver island this evening. The approaching
trough from Explorer will spread gales to the Northern Strait of
Georgia tonight later this evening and continue into Wednesday
Another frontal system will approach Southern Bowie and Northern
Explorer Wednesday night resulting in gale force southerly winds.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: