Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 31 March 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 15 to 20 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight except southwest 20 south of Tsawwassen. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Saturday morning then veering to southwest 5 to 15 early Saturday evening except southwest 15 to 20 south of Tsawwassen Saturday evening.
Showers this evening. Showers Saturday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 31 March 2023
Sunday Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots becoming light in the morning.
Monday Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Strong wind warning ended
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PDT 01 April 2023
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located north of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 AM PDT 1 April 2023 A trough of low pressure will track southwards across Bowie on
Sunday. Northwesterly gales will develop over Bowie early Sunday
morning and then spread to Explorer in the afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: