Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots late this afternoon then becoming light Tuesday morning. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Fog banks dissipating this afternoon. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Tuesday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located from the North Coast to the
Central Coast then to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday ridge located from Bowie to the Lower
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PST 24 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds will be light under a
quasi-stationary ridge for several days. Visibility may be limited by
persistent widespread fog.
Fog is forecast to dissipate this afternoon but fog patches will
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: