Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 06:25 PM PDT 18 September 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 after midnight and to light early Sunday morning.
Showers or a few thunderstorms. Risk of waterspouts early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Watches (In effect)
Waterspout watch in effect
Strait of GeorgiaIssued 6:21 PM PDT 18 September 2021 Conditions are favourable for the development of waterspouts.
Waterspouts are possible this evening and overnight on the Strait of Georgia.
Wind speeds inside the spray ring of a waterspout are 45 knots or higher. Vulnerable vessels are at risk of damage or capsizing. Waterspouts are generally short-lived in nature, typically lasting 20 minutes or less. Waterspouts sometimes appear as funnel clouds with swirling water visible near the surface.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 18 September 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing low located over the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday approaching ridge located west of the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: