Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots backing to southeast 5 to 15 late Tuesday morning.
Scattered showers this evening and Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening trough located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Hecate Strait.
At 9:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching low 995 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PDT 16 May 2022 A trough of low pressure will move through offshore waters on
Tuesday. Southerly gales will develop over Hecate Strait to Explorer
near midday Tuesday.
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer on Tuesday evening then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday. Unseasonably strong winds are
associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island on Tuesday night. Southeast gales are expected for inner South
Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
west-northwesterly in the wake of the low.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: