Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 January 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 35 after midnight except southeast 45 south of Tsawwassen. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 Sunday morning then diminishing to south 15 to 25 near noon Sunday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms Sunday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 20 January 2018 A frontal system over Northern Vancouver Island will move southward
to Southern Vancouver Island by Sunday morning then move out of BC
waters Sunday near noon as it continues tracking southward.
Gale to marginal storm force southeasterly winds will continue over
southern waters tonight and early Sunday morning ahead of the front.
Marginal gale force westerlies will prevail over most northern and
central waters Sunday and Monday in the wake of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: