Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots backing to southeast 5 to 15 Tuesday morning.
Rain changing to scattered showers early this morning and ending near midnight. Scattered showers Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT today weakening trough located from Bowie to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening trough located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over the offshore waters.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching low 994 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 16 May 2022 A trough will move into Bowie then into central and northern
Waters through this morning. Strong to gale force southerlies will
develop ahead of the trough then weaken this afternoon as the trough
A ridge of high pressure over west coast Vancouver Island will result
in gale force inflow winds through east entrance of Juan de Fuca
strait this afternoon.
Another trough will approaching the offshore waters Tuesday
afternoon. Southerly gales will develop over Hecate Strait to
Explorer near midday Tuesday.
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer Tuesday evening then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday. Unseasonably strong winds are
associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island Tuesday night. Southeast gales are expected for inner South
Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force westerly in the
wake of the low.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: