Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 06:24 AM PDT 20 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming southeast 5 to 10 knots this morning then becoming light after midnight. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 Tuesday morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Scattered showers today tonight and Tuesday morning.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 March 2023
Wednesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon then becoming southeast 5 to 15 late in the day.
Thursday Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25.
Friday Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots veering to northwest 10 to 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening trough located from Vancouver
Island to Hecate Strait.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: