Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 December 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeasterly 10 to 15 knots except east 20 south of Tsawwassen Monday morning. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 near noon Monday.
Rain Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At midnight PST tonight frontal system located west of the offshore
By 2:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PST 3 December 2023 A frontal system will approach offshore waters near midnight tonight
and then move eastward to lie through Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound
on Monday afternoon. Winds will rise to gale to storm force southeast
ahead of the front and then shift to gale force southwest in the wake
of the system.
Over northern waters, southwesterly storm force winds may briefly
surface late Monday afternoon and early evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: