Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 November 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming east 10 knots overnight then increasing to southeast 15 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1000 mb located over southwestern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low 1002 mb located over Prince
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:53 AM PST 21 November 2019 A Pacific front over Western Bowie will move across the north and
central coasts late today. A 1000 MB low along this front will move
across Southern Bowie this morning then across northern sections of
Hecate Strait late this afternoon.
Southeast gales west of Haida Gwaii will spread to central and
northern waters early this morning. Winds will then shift to gale
force westerlies in the wake of the front and low with storm force
northwest winds expected over Southern Bowie this morning.
Winds will diminish to strong southwesterly this evening then
increase to southerly gales again overnight and Friday for central
and northern waters in advance of the next frontal system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: