Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 10 July 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 near noon Saturday. Wind diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 10 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 10 July 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:04 AM PDT 10 July 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will track
across Haida Gwaii this afternoon. The front will weaken this evening
and lie in a northeast to southwest line over Cape Scott by early
Saturday morning then dissipate while moving across Vancouver Island
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerly winds are expected
over the central and northern waters today and this evening.
Winds will ease overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: