Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 March 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 late this evening then backing to southeast 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind southeast 5 to 15 Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 March 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 996 mb located off Cape St. James.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 1011 mb located southwest of Cape
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
northern BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:04 PM PDT 30 March 2020 A low pressure centre off cape St. James will track southeastward
across Queen Charlotte Sound tonight and lie just southwest of Cape
Scott by Tuesday afternoon. West of the low, strong to gale force
northwesterlies over Bowie will ease overnight but continue through
Tuesday over Explorer.
Additionally, a ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will
continue to give gale force outflow winds near mainland inlets of
The North and Central Coasts tonight through Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: