Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 September 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late this evening then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 September 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located from the North Coast to
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located from the Central Coast
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over northwestern
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 30 September 2022 A frontal system over Northwestern Bowie this morning will slowly
move toward the North Coast. Strong to gale force southerly
Winds are expected over Bowie and Dixon west this evening and
Saturday morning. Southeast gales will also develop over Dixon east
and Hecate Strait from Saturday morning to afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: