Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 03 March 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then increasing to southeast 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday morning and to southeast 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Rain Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - south of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PST 03 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 3 March 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over southern Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday deepening low 988 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 985 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:32 AM PST 3 March 2021 A weakening cold front is currently over North Vancouver Island.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerlies will persist
today and tonight over the parts of the central waters and North
A 985 MB low will approach the offshore waters Thursday
Morning and track towards Haida Gwaii by the afternoon. Ahead of the
low, gale to storm force southerly winds will develop over most
regions by late Thursday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: