Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near midnight and to southeast 25 to 30 late overnight. Wind southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the eastern
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located from
Haida Gwaii to Tofino.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening trough located from Bowie
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:04 PM PST 20 January 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters will approach the BC coast
tonight. Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterlies will
continue over most outer waters tonight, and spread to the inner
South Coast overnight. Winds will ease to moderate to strong
southerlies Tuesday as the system moves inland.
A trough will move across Explorer Tuesday morning and Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force southwesterlies will
develop behind the trough.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: