Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 02 June 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to northwest 10 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 2 June 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located from Explorer to
the Central Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday weakening ridge located from Explorer
to the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing trough located over Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: