Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 24 May 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots becoming northwest 5 to 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 May 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 24 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters is producing strong
inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait. These winds are expected to
reach gale force later this afternoon and will persist through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: