Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 04 December 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light near noon Sunday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 4 December 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
At 11:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 4 December 2021 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late Sunday
afternoon. Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerlies will
develop over Bowie and Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: