Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 05 December 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Rain or snow beginning this evening changing to showers Monday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 5 December 2021 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 5 December 2021 A Pacific frontal system is currently over the offshore waters. Ahead
of the front, gale force east-southeast winds have developed over
offshore waters and then over central waters and west of Haida Gwaii
and Vancouver Island tonight.
The frontal system stalls over Queen Charlotte Sound and will
gradually weaken to below gale force easterly winds by Monday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: