Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 25 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Thursday.
Rain Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over eastern Queen Charlotte
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today departing low located over the Central Coast.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Thursday low located west of Explorer.
By 10:30 p.m. PDT Thursday low located over western Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 25 May 2022 A low pressure system has come to rest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
The low will then weaken and move onto the Central Coast this
The next low that will move through BC waters starts approaching
Southwest Explorer Thursday morning. By Thursday afternoon southwest
marginal gales develop over Southern Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: