Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 20 knots late overnight. Wind southeast 10 to 20 Friday.
Fog banks dissipating this afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 27 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge this morning. Visibility may be limited by
areas of persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters and move
Across Haida Gwaii this afternoon. Ahead of the front,
Winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie late Friday. Winds will
shift to gale force southerly ahead of this front over northern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: