Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 March 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 5 to 15 knots late overnight and to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Scattered showers ending near noon Tuesday.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 March 2023
Wednesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon then becoming southeast 5 to 15 late in the day.
Thursday Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25.
Friday Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots veering to northwest 10 to 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 March 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located from the Central Coast
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching frontal system located near
the Aleutian Islands.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: