Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 03 July 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots except light over northern sections. Wind increasing to southeasterly 15 to 20 early this evening then becoming southeast 15 to 25 early Monday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Monday evening.
Showers ending near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 03 July 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 3 July 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday trough located over eastern Queen
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday trough located over eastern Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 3 July 2022 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters will continue
To bring strong to gale force westerly winds to the central strait
and the east entrance of Juan de Fuca Strait early this morning.
Winds will ease below gale force this morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: