Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 06 May 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 5 to 15 knots early this morning and to southeast 15 to 25 late this morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 early this evening except southwest 25 near Qualicum Beach this evening. Wind becoming light overnight then becoming northwest 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PDT 06 May 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 6 May 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 988 mb located over central Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 993 mb located over
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1004 mb located north
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday dissipating low located over the southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 6 May 2021 A low over Central Bowie will slowly move northward today. The low
will weaken and move eastward tonight just north of Bowie. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift gale to
local storm force northwesterly in its wake.
Winds will gradually weaken on Friday as the low dissipates and a
weak ridge builds behind the low.
The associated cold front will quickly move across the South Coast
today. Winds over the South Coast will briefly increase to strong to
gale force southeast then shift to strong to gale force northwest
with the passage of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: