Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 October 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots becoming southeast 15 to 25 early Wednesday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late Wednesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 October 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 6:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday intensifying frontal system located
southwest of Explorer.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over Cape Scott
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PDT 19 October 2021 A strong frontal system will remain stalled over the offshore waters
through this evening before moving northeastwards towards the
mainland coast. Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of this
system will spread towards the north and central mainland coasts
tonight and persist through to Wednesday morning.
Another, more powerful system, will approach the region later
Wednesday. Storm force southerlies are expected for the majority
Of outer coastal waters beginning Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: