Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 21 January 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots early this evening and to southeast 30 this evening. Wind southeast 30 Tuesday.
Showers beginning late this evening changing to rain late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 January 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 988 mb located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing low 988 mb located north
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PST 21 January 2019 A deepening area of low pressure currently lies along the western
edge of Bowie, will skim the northwest corner of Bowie this evening
and slowly continue northwestward toward the Alaskan Panhandle
Gale to storm force winds have spread across the northern and
Central waters as well as Northern Explorer. These winds will spread
toward the mainland and strengthen this evening while areas behind
the system become strong westerly.
Far southern waters will be protected by a departing ridge of high
pressure. Winds will begin to increase by Tuesday morning as the
ridge moves away.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: