Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 03 December 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots veering to southwest 5 to 15 early this evening except southwest 20 near Qualicum Beach. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 near midnight then becoming southeast 15 to 25 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon Monday.
Rain overnight and Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 4:00 PM PST 03 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 3 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At midnight PST tonight frontal system located west of the offshore
By 2:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PST 3 December 2023 A frontal system will approach offshore waters near midnight tonight
and then move eastward to lie through Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound
on Monday afternoon. Winds will rise to gale to storm force southeast
ahead of the front and then shift to gale force southwest in the wake
of the system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: