Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 23 January 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 late this evening and to southeast 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Rain changing to a few showers early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 January 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 986 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening low 992 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 PM PST 23 January 2018 A 986 MB low pressure system over Southern Bowie will gradually
weaken tonight as it moves to lie over Northern Bowie by Wednesday
Over central and northern waters gale to storm force southeast winds
will shift to strong to gale force southerly to the south of the low.
Over southern waters gale force southeast winds will ease to moderate
to strong southeast tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: